Friday 3 February 2012

SOLDIER

Soldier...  
A glint of flame in eastern skies
burns not Old Sol, but firelights,
Campaigning fear and massed for death,
an unseen foe, the devil's breath,

Disciplined in the art of war,
I venerate what stands before,
Sworn by oath and duty bound
to stay this force and hold my ground,

I make my peace at Heaven's door,
and pray that I may see once more,
The pictures cherished in my mind
of loved ones left so far behind,

One day I hope to kiss home shores,
rinse off the blood, forget the gore,
Until that time I fight the fight,
so others may sleep in peace tonight.

Jack E. Bilek
Copyright© 04-18-06
All rights reserved.
By Stargzr
© 2006 Stargzr (All rights reserved)





*HUGS* TOTAL! give Betty more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own
 
The WeatherPixie

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

SPONSORED LINKS
Army patch unit us Army unit patch U.s army unit patch
Unit


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment